Pillars of Progress #1
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
Half of Broward County residents do not make enough to meet their basic needs (food, housing, healthcare, transportation).
(Source: United Way of Broward County)
I believe constituents need support and resources to meet their basic needs
- Connection to job training and placement programs.
- Expansion of Workforce Development
- Creation of Culturally Responsive Financial Literacy education.
- Access to affordable childcare
- Collaborative plan to increase minimum wage and provide cost of Living Adjustments (COLA) for certain sectors